Thursday, April 18, 2013

Be cool, Soda Pop.

Veronica Mars My Dah-lings, Veronica Mars! 

In light of the recent announcement that 2014 will herald the long-fan-awaited Veronica Mars movies, I decided to rewatch the entire series. All 64 glorious episodes. It hasn't taken me very long (scarily enough), but boy, oh boy, was it a rollercoaster. 

I was thrown back into the motions that my tweenage self went through. The drama! The angst! The friendship! The romance! The quips! I remember now why Veronica Mars + Chloe Sullivan (Smallville) were my heroes. These pint-sized, blonde haired, bitches were fantastic. Strong, smart, witty, independent, they made my feminist heart (albeit, unlabeled at the time) swell with pride. These girls did life the way I hoped to. 

They did it all while growing out their hair, falling in love, and making feminism powerful and sexy, rather than forced and too blatant for a TV show. 

Regardless, rewatching has got my LoVe (Logan/Veronica - for all you fandom n008zzz) feel all ablaze. Ah, Logan Echolls, the reformed bad boy we love to hate. We love him, his cute little smirk, surfer boy hair, and lanky yet shredded body. He was and shall, remain my California dream boat, followed in close second by Ryan and Seth from the OC (lets be honest, can we really have one without the other?). 

Every time LoVe broke up, we understood it, we sympathized..."GOD LOGAN, WHY?". And then he'd go and do something like save Veronica from poor little Cassidy Casablancas (aka Flash from Smallville. WHY FLASH? WHY? DON'T KILL ALL THE KIDS), and we'd fall in love with him all over again. 

Duncan was always too safe, and a little too uncomfortable with the whole "is she my sister?" Star Wars sitch. No one could keep up with Veronica with Logan. And need we even mention that first kiss? Yea, yea we do. That was one of those TV first kisses for the BOOKS. I don't care how old the actors are now...if we don't get some good ol' fashioned teenage make out seshes from LoVe during the movie, fangirls everywhere will die. Heck, I almost died at the ending of the series when we were left hanging as to our Neptunian friends' futures. What I have realized rewatching (in all my wisdom and sagacity), is while I do NOT agree with Veronica/Piz, I do have to say that's because I think Me/Piz would be better. Let's be real, Logan Echolls is the choice to make teen hearts raise to new heights, but solid 20yo me wants Piz. But I'll always LoVe you Logan. 

I won't go on listing everything I've gotten from this show, but I will say, if TV has taught me anything, it's that I GOTSTA have kids in California...if I want them to live proper HS lives. Veronica Mars, Teen Wolf, The OC...there needn't be anymore examples, that just about sells it for me. 

Anyway, I leave you with a quote, and a list of shows I watch. Do not be terrified by the fact that I have conquered all these shows, and am just a young-in. It's an artform, one I am proud to excel in. If it were a lifeskill I could put on a CV, you bet your asses I'd be hired by now. 

"Life doesn't imitate art, it imitates bad television" - Woody Allen

-------------------------------------------------------
8 Out of 10 Cats
Alias 
Arrested Development
Awkward
Better Off Ted
Bones
Castle
Charmed
Chicago Fire
Chuck
Community
Criminal Minds
Dance Academy 
Dawson's Creek
Desperate Housewives
Doctor Who
Dorm Life
Freaks and Geeks
Friday Night Dinner
Friends
Gilmore Girls
Girls
Glee
Grandma's House
Greek
Happy Endings
Hawaii Five-0
Hellcats
House of Lies
How I Met Your Mother
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Malcolm in the Middle
Melrose Place (2009)
Merlin 
Misfits
Modern Family
Never Mind The Buzzcocks
New Girl
Once Upon a Time
One Tree Hill
Outsourced 
Pan Am
Parks and Recreation
Party Down
Pretty Little Liars
Psych
QI
Revenge
Russell Howard's Good News
Scrubs
Sex and the City
Smallville 
Suits
Supernatural
Teen Wolf
The Big Bang Theory
The Carrie Diaries
The Hard Times of RJ Berger
The Inbetweeners 
The IT Crowd
The Middle
The Mindy Project
The New Normal
The O.C.
Torchwood
Undeclared
Vampire Diaries
Veronica Mars
Vikings
Weeds
What I Like About You
Workaholics 

boy do I need less time on my hands...OM SHANTI OM. hire me universe, or the list will grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment