Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I Open at the Close


I realize I've jumped on to the blogging wagon quite late in the game. Both in terms of technological advances and in my life personally. I am exactly three weeks away from graduating from university (Bachelors in English WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO), and as Shakespeare would say "the wheel is come full circle."I feel just about the same as I do when I was leaving for college. I'm terrified and yet crazily excited for the unrealistic expectations floating around in my head.

 For those of you who recognize the Harry Potter reference both in my domain name and my blog post title. You'll understand that in my melodramatic way, I've come to characterize my leaving of University as the beginning of a new journey, albeit I will not be defeating a great but evil wizard to do so (unless you count some of the professors i've had). It's better than the Hamlet identification I was coming to grips with earlier this year, wherein his "To Be Or Not To Be" soliloquy sounded eerily like the thoughts in my head.

 Regardless, I've realized that I have things to say, and now a degree with which I've learned how to say them. They might not be knew thoughts, but they're mine. And I'm hoping to post at least a little each day (if I'm in the magical reach of wi-fi), and, despite my seeming inevitable funemployment, keep me thinking, keep me writing and keep me (let's face it) occupied.

 Lauren's Nerdy Endnote of the Day:
"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
 Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say"
 - The Fellowship of the Ring, Book I, Chapter 1 (It seems a fitting rumination on the future n'est pas?)

No comments:

Post a Comment